Dec 24, 2008

Phone Envy

I played with the Blackberry Storm the other night for about a half hour, and I'm a fan! I already have a touchscreen phone, so I'm used to the format. My only complaint was the time it took to toggle between apps. There's a fade out-fade in thingy that causes a seeming 'delay' when switching apps or choosing menu options. It's annoying, and I wish they made it switch instantly instead of trying to make it smooth and transition-y. The touch-screen really requires that you apply pressure and make it click. The electrostatic sensor reads where you're pushing and lights up the button, then you have to click it... almost like double-clicking. I really did like the Storm, though. It has all the Crackberry capabilities, plus an accelerometer and touch-screen horizontal QWERTY keyboard. It can do pix msgs and has GPS navigation, unlike the iphone, and the accelerometer problem that plagued the original version has been fixed. All in all, I'd trade my Voyager for a Storm. It's priced right, too, at $200.

If you have a Blackberry Storm, leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the device.

No comments: