Dec 16, 2008

Knit 1, Purl 2

...and get so frustrated that you throw the whole damn thing away and swear off knitting. That's been my experience to date. I get all psyched up to start a project, but when it begins looking more like the outcome of a UFC match between dustbunnies and latch hook rugs, I just toss the tangled mess out. That is, until I learned of the knitting loom.

No, not the type of loom used by Navajo women to weave rugs. A knitting loom is a small circle of plastic that allows an impatient wannabe crafter like me to produce knitted hats. They have other shapes for more complicated projects, but I am starting simply.

Bf and I took the field trip through the snow to craft store for some yarn. I'll post a pic when I have something to show. Right now it looks like an old lady's sewing box threw up on my coffee table. Wish me luck.

No comments: