Dec 21, 2008

Junk in da trunk

I posted an advertisement on craiglist to sell a bridesmaid dress I have. Here's the ad:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was supposed to be the maid of honor for a friend, but the bridezilla canned me after she figured out that I couldn't pay for all her bells and whistles. Nice, huh? Anyway, I am stuck with this dress. Here are the details:

BRIDESMAID DRESS:

From: David's Bridal
Size: 18
Style: 81123
Color: Apple Red
Description: Satin strapless ball gown with pick-up detailing on skirt and sash at waist.

I am 5'5", size 16 jeans, and 38D bra, if that helps you guess your size. I did not need the dress tailored at all. Even though it's strapless, it is very flattering to bigger girls like me, especially women with a little junk in the trunk. Plus, it hides the tummy bulges nicely!

Here is the link to the David's Bridal website if you'd like to learn more about the dress:

Link to David's Bridal website

I paid $193.50, including tax, for this new dress. I tried on samples at the store, and then I ordered my size from the manufacturer. It has NEVER, I repeat, NEVER been out of the plastic. I wouldn't want to wear someone else's dress that had makeup stains, body odor, or deodorant marks, so I promise you, this dress has NEVER BEEN WORN!

I am asking $145 firm. That's 25% off the price of a dress from the store.

Here's a photo of the dress from the website:



Please email me if you're interested. Serious inquiries only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the only reply I've received:

Want to go on a date? I prefer women who arn't sticks. I know this is creepy. I know I know...but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I guess you gotta give the guy points for chutzpah, but if he knew it was creepy, yet he did it anyway, that displays a total lack of judgment, common sense, and personal boundaries. WTF is wrong with people these days?

On a nicer note, I replied:

The answer is no. But three cheers for fat-bottomed girls ;)
Please don't reply further to this message. Thanks, and have a nice day.


If he replies again, I'll post his name and email address on craiglist for men seeking men. Hehehehehe.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

that is a really pretty dress! sorry you are stuck with it. :(

and yes, creeeeepy!