Jan 29, 2009

Enough is enough

My ex owes me $10,400 in back child support. Nice, huh? I had to apply for food stamps yesterday. Again. I applied for them a few months ago, but I was denied for too much income. Ha! That's a laugh... too much income. I had to go to the food bank the other day and stand in line for handouts. Tell me THAT wasn't a humbling experience. If we don't come up with enough rent money by the 15th, we'll probably get evicted. I want to kill that fucker.

To date, I've applied for 87 jobs, had three interviews, and received no offers. Employers aren't event offering a living wage anymore. They're lowballing potential employees simply because they can. That's unconscionable. People's bills didn't magically disappear. People with master's degrees are taking jobs for $14/hour. Are you kidding me?!?!?! How is an average joe supposed to compete in that type of market?

I can trim expenses, live frugally, and do without, but there are certain needs that must be met, and for the first time in my life, I do not know if I'll be able to take care of myself and my family. I can't sit here and think about it all day or I'd be crushingly depressed.

Not sure if you're the praying type, but if you are, please toss my name in the hopper. Send some good vibes, positive energy, whatever. I definitely need it.

No comments: